HERE’S A LOOK AT HOW VIBRANT THE PLAZA COULD LOOK INCORPORATING YOUR SUGGESTIONS.
render by Jana of onlinerealign.com
Click here to fill out our Plaza Survey.
THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT THEIR RESPONSES IN TO THE PLAZA SURVEY!
Based on your responses – here are some of the elements you said you would like to see if the Plaza space is renovated: (in order of favorability)
1. Seating for pubic
2. Retain/maintain bus stops
4. Retain/maintain the porch for performances
5. Tables for public use/tables for vendors
Additionally – here are some comments offered:
- Some covering over part of the space for shade from the sun – partial cover over the tables for example. Kind of like the renovated Georgetown waterfront has. Maybe even a water display like Georgetown, too.
- I would very much like to see more green space and maybe some signs informing on history.
- More grass, spaces for groups to sit and come together.
- Maintain a sense of community.
- Fountain or other water element.
- Chess tables, something for kids.
- Public Art, Electricity Available, Kiosks for recharging phones (similar to NYC)
- Open pedestrian plaza that gives Adams Morgan its special charm – and makes people want to be here!
- Keep amphitheater aspects – maybe a fountain.
- Educational element, more prominent display presentation of Plaza’s history
- Green space with trees; Outdoor Community Space