Click here to fill out our initial Plaza Survey (the basics).
Here’s an image that a local resident (unattributed) sent in with their survey.
THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT THEIR RESPONSES IN TO THE PLAZA SURVEY!
Based on your responses – here are some of the elements you said you would like to see if the Plaza space is renovated: (in order of favorability)
1. Seating for pubic
2. Retain/maintain bus stops
4. Retain/maintain the porch for performances
5. Tables for public use/tables for vendors
Additionally – here are some comments offered:
- Some covering over part of the space for shade from the sun – partial cover over the tables for example. Kind of like the renovated Georgetown waterfront has. Maybe even a water display like Georgetown, too.
- I would very much like to see more green space and maybe some signs informing on history.
- More grass, spaces for groups to sit and come together.
- Maintain a sense of community.
- Fountain or other water element.
- Chess tables, something for kids.
- Public Art, Electricity Available, Kiosks for recharging phones (similar to NYC)
- Open pedestrian plaza that gives Adams Morgan its special charm – and makes people want to be here!
- Keep amphitheater aspects – maybe a fountain.
- Educational element, more prominent display presentation of Plaza’s history
- Green space with trees; Outdoor Community Space